Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Thursday 12 October 2017

12th October Curbridge

"At 12.30 today whilst driving between Brize Norton and Curbridge, close to Caswell House I think a female (Hen) Hen Harrier flew across the road in front of me at a distance of about 30 yards, flying in a Westerly direction. Slow flight, just above hedgerows. Brown buzzard/gull sized with with distinct white rump. I could not "follow" it as I had a car coming towards me but I did get a good view and have a confirmed sighting about 5 years ago on a walk near Swinbrook where one flew below me at very close quarters ( I was on a hill) carrying a partridge kill. Can't think of anything other than HH, visibility was excellent."

per Phil Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment