Blog Header Text

For questions you can contact Adam at: adamchartley "at" gmail "dot" com or Jason at: jasoncppk "at" yahoo "dot" co "dot" uk

Saturday 14 January 2012

Grimsbury reservoir 2012 year listing

Well, two weeks into the year and the Grimsbury reservoir year list is on 50 so far. Not great considering the current totals from other sites but OK considering the location and habitat available comparable to other sites in the county. There is a reason I refer to it as Grim res! Highlights so far have to be the continued presence of the Willow Tit/s and a regular Kingfisher. Other than that, well... I'd struggle for anything else really worth declaring as a highlight!
Having said that though, 50 is already over half of last years total of 98 and I'll take that as a positive sign. I would like to break 100 this year, but considering I thought last year was exceptional for the reservoir, it may be a struggle. For information I have personally recorded the following totals in previous years; 56 - 2008, 82 - 2009 and 80 - 2010.
If anyone is visiting and you see anything interesting (even mildly interesting here could be a patch rarity!) please report it via the usual county websites or let me know. If anyone really wants a challenge I feel the county publications could do with a decent picture of a Willow tit...

Happy birding,
Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment